Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cowgirl Collage Quilt Wall Hangings

One of the most fun projects I had with this little trailer was decorating her up. Lipstick and Rouge as they say! LOL In the process I made these little wall quilts to put on the walls. Favorite vintage postcard images along with favorite quilts, tidbits of fabric, and other misc items from my stash went into these fun little pieces. Loved the quotes and just the little bits and pieces of nostalgia that made each one unique. Ideas for these quilts came from a fantastic artist by the name of K.C. Willis. She was my inspiration for these. Thanks K.C.!!!


This quote is so very, very true! Doesn't she just look happy on the back of her faithful steed? A favorite belt buckle that my husband gave to me added just the right touch at the top of the quilt.
I thought this lady was so elegant in her own special way. I added a favorite heart shaped rock from my rock collection and some vintage flowers, buttons and rhinestones.
I think this one is actually my favorite. Love these quotes and the pictures of these ladies are wonderful. These women worked hard, had calloused hands but could also be so tender with their children and livestock. I admire them and try to pattern my life after them...
Good ol John Wayne. A favorite quote that I have used in my own life time and time again!!!
What can I say about Calamity Jane...comical, tough, witty and could handle a gun. True Grit in my opinion!
Love this quote...not sure who this cowgirl is but I thought she would say something like that! LOL
Classic quote from Annie Oakely. She was the coolest!!! And...she could out shoot most men in her day!
Alot of people don't realize that most cowgirls prided themselves in how they looked and presented themselves. Hours and hours went into their makeup and costumes before their shows. This picture reflects the workmanship that was put into her dress. Check out the equisite embroidery on her skirt. Gorgeous!!!
Vera McGinnis, 1923 One of my favorite cowgirls. Isn't she beautiful!!!
A couple of vintage postcard images that I love. These girls have ATTITUDE!!! Oh, No...they are packing too!!! LOL Altered then framed.
Hanging on one of my trailer walls....



Close up of full quilt..

No comments: