Monday, January 27, 2014

"Gypsy Rose"  New Art Doll




 My first piece for 2014 
I wanted to have her appear as though she just stepped out of a garden or painting




 Gypsy Rose is handsculpted from polymer clay.

She stands approx. 13 1/2" to the tip of her hat.


 Her clothes are in the style of gypsy-steam punk - victorian and embellished with lots of vintage and unique
trims and baubles.


 In her left hand she holds a little parasol 


 Her eyes are handmade by me and are glass. 
She has a cute little top hat fashioned in the 
steam punk gypsy style.


 In her right hand she holds a little key similar to the ones depicted in the background.

 Beautiful soft features with creamy skin tones and accented with peach - browns.

 The background is 17" tall x 12" wide by 11" deep. Mixed Media and Wood


She is a One Of A Kind. No other one exists like her. Totally Unique!

An enchanting young lady to bring you much enjoyment!

Thank you for stopping by!


Se her U-Tube Video Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpHXSyHqGlQ&feature=youtu.be

Available for Purchase Here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177327965/ooak-gypsy-rose-fine-art-doll-and-mixed

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Marcie!!!
I love her!! She is beautiful!!
Her costuming is out of this world, and the detailing is just wonderful!!
I just can't imagine how long it took you to complete her.
Did you make her eyes? Her eyes are mesmerizing...
She is truly a beautiful Work-of-Art!!
XOXO
Dessa Rae

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Hi Dessa! Thank you so much for stopping by! You are so sweet!
Yes...I did make her eyes. Some dolls I paint others I make their eyes. Just depends on the doll. I thought I would never get her done. I just keep going on and on. A real problem that I have! LOL Thank you so much! So nice to have friends like you! xoxox <3

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Marcie, she is magnificent!!!
Look at all this detail. Ok, look who I am talking to. I can see she was a true work of your heart.
I love her skin tone and all the colors you have used in this beautiful set... Her eyes are amazing... Bravo!
It is so good to see you post here.
I like FB but for what ever reason, I feel more at home here on my blog.
blessings,
Penny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Marcie!
I had left you a comment yesterday when I saw this little beauty, but do not see it here. Must be floating around blogland.

I believe she is now my favorite! I know I have said this before, but Marcie, she is simply exquisite! Her eyes, they are an art in itself, and the colors you have used to fashion her clothes are just beautiful! Such details everywhere.
I can clearly see the time that has gone into this piece... Bravo!
blessings,
Penny

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Hi Penny! Thank you so much! I agree it is hard to keep up with everything and FB really takes alot of time. I appreciate your compliments. I was experimenting with some new techniques...that is kinda how the colors came about. Always nice to complete one. Now on to some restorations for a bit! Thank you for stopping in! xoxox ;-)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Marcie,
How very kind of you to come over to meet my little mice.. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.
Here's wishing you a joyful Valentine's day Marcie... I look forward to seeing your next creation.
blessings,
Penny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Marcie,
I have missed you since I am away from FB... I hope to see you post here one day... Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. I hope all is well with you.
fondly,
Penny