Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Half Dolls










I love dolls of any kind and for awhile now I have been collecting half dolls to make into pin cushion dolls. Here I have a tiny 1" tall little doll along with a gorgeous german half doll that I made up along with a new wig for her. I have always worked with silk ribbon and fine threads and for a short while taught Brazilian Embroidery at a local needlework shop. Here are a few photos of some of my works in progress, completed dolls and a OOAK pin cushion doll that I sold to a wonderful collector in California. The top photo is 2 new dolls I purchased recently just waiting patiently for me to make them new dresses. They are so much fun to create...you just can't stop with one! ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love half dolls, they are so vintage. Your pincushion dolls are wonderful. All the pictures look so Romantic...

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Thank you Dessa! I love making the silk flowers by hand. They are wrapped around a piece of crinoline tacking the ribbon down as I go. It always feels like it takes me back in time. ;-)

Bonnie Jones said...

Gorgeous work Marcie!!!!!!!

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Thank you Bonnie! I appreciate it! :-)