Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Be Back At Midnight" Pumpkin Fairy





A new piece just completed for the ADO - Challenge -Halloween.

This piece is a mixed media piece incorporating many styles. The idea for this piece came from the pumpkin itself. To me.. pumpkins are so magical. The big round orbs hiding amongst the vines and leaves have such an element of surprise to them. What is more fun than seeing one that has been secretly hiding amongst the leaves growing and growing unawares until it is discovered. They seem to play many roles in famous fairytales so I thought it would be fun to incorporate the doll into the pumpkin and place a story inside. Cinderella was the first thing that popped into my mind. I wanted something visible but not so distracting that it took away from the doll. Silhouette's came to mind as I have always found them to be appealing. Simple but elegant. Pumpkins always remind me of Halloween but I wanted a different twist on it for this challenge. Cinderella or perhaps another young lady race to get back Before Midnight or Else. It leaves that up to the viewer to complete the story in their own minds. The pumpkin was hallowed out and the scene placed inside. Vintage rhinestones, papers, buttons, etc. were used to make it a OOAK. Thank you for stopping by!!!





No comments: