Sunday, September 6, 2009

Misc. Fun Additions to my trailer decor

This was another garage sale find. An old wooden stirrup with someones brands on it. I made a lamp out of it, added the shade with horse images and red rick rack on it for a little color.


One of my most favorite things is this antique leather and heart breast collar I found at a yard sale. It was hanging on a fence for years, dry and tattered. I was drawn to it by the heart shape but when I turned it over there was this gorgeous red rosette still in all of its brillant colors attached to the front of the leather heart. I was thrilled!! How it withstood the elements for that long...I am amazed. I brought it home, cleaned up the leather and silver and it now takes a place amidst my special horse tack in my home and trailer. Isn't it just beautiful!!!


Close up of floral rosette!

Another thoughtful gift from my good friend Susan for my little trailer. Isn't this the coolest!!!

This trailer had the ugliest gold plastic inserts in the fronts of the cabinets...all I can say is "UGLY" So I replaced them with pictures from some of my vintage postcards. Painted the fronts red and added the little gingham floral designs to the front.

Vintage cowgirl figurine, and cowgirl salt shaker. Tad Lucas a wonderful cowgirl is featured in the shaker complete with wings and faux salt. Wonderful lady with fantastic personality. Anyone that knows me knows that in almost every room in my house I have "Winged Things" so...I had to have a "Winged Cowgirl" in my trailer or it just wouldn't be right!!! LOL ;-)

A favorite picture of my grandmother and her horse Robin.

I made this little bulletin board from a scrap piece of fabric to hold postcards from our travels with Stella and some pictures.

Vintage postcard purchased years ago, along with some figurines from my collection.

One of my favorite artists, Donna Howell and horseshoes off my horse Benta.

No comments: